In the meantime, here are a few superstars who boast of superstitions:
Tiger Woods has a habit of always wearing red on Sundays of tournaments.
Michael Jordan wore a pair of his UNC shorts underneath his Bulls’ shorts to channel his success in college.
On the night before a game, Jason Terry (a Maverick) wears a pair of his future opponent’s shorts to bed.
Sports people aren't the only ones with quirks. Here is a list of a few author rituals:
- Each manuscript must have it's own writing spot.
- No chapter can have thirteen pages.
- No eating sweets while writing about the villain because sweetness might rub off on him/her.
- Wiggling fingers while a query or manuscript email takes off through cyberspace helps the email fly straight to the agents "gotta have" pile.
- Some writers use only pens for the rough draft.
- Unusual attire while writing.
- Totems, dolls or other mythical muses sit nearby the author.
- A few writers authors every single day. Even if it's only one sentence.
Have you talk to someone about their superstitions? What did they say?
Do you have certain rituals you perform while writing?