- Written in present tense
- Written in third person
- Three pages, double spaced
- TELL rather than SHOW-synopsis is an explanation of character arcs, not in chronological order.
- Proper MS format-First time you mention a characters name, CAP the whole name. Put POV in parenthesis after the name.
- May editorialize in synopsis. Use the first line to intro main character, issues, age, time period etc.
- Weighting-most important gets more space, usually the protagonist.
- Don't vamp-don't dramatize
- Tell the ending
Monday, October 18, 2010
Write a Synopsis? I‘d Rather Gouge My Eyes Out by Caleb Warnock