(Photo by Peter Gowland)
- Work on one thing at a time until finished.
- Start no more new books, add no more new material to "Hemingway's Suitcase."
- Don't be nervous. Work calmly, joyously, recklessly on whatever is in hand.
- Work accordingly to Program and not accordingly to mood. Stop at the appointed time.
- When you can't create you can work.
- Cement a little everyday, rather than add new fertilizers.
- Keep human! See people, go places, drink if you feel like it.
- Don't be a draught horse! Work with pleasure only.
- Disregard the Program when you feel like it--but go back to it next day. Concentrate. Narrow down. Exclude.
- Forget the books you want to write. Think only of the book you are writing.
- Write first and always. Painting, music, friends, cinema,all these come afterwards.