Here are a few of the quotes I did catch on paper:
Her favorite story is Dante's Divine Comedy. This is what she said about it: "It's one heck of a good yarn!"
- We create stories to understand.
- What is the difference between sentiment and sentimentality? One is trite, one is honest.
- Write then go back and take out everything that isn't sincere or what you want to say.
- You can write something that will enrich someone, either now or in the future.
- Repetition weakens what your want to say.
- Light on water touches me. What touches you? Bird song? Church bells? Share it. Write it the very best you can, then share it.
- I believe what we are here to do is emphasize with others.
- We aren't punished for our sins but BY our sins.
- Share your love, your faith, your doubt.
- If nothing bad has happened to you, hang on, it will!
- We have a Bible and a Book of Mormon an people have died to bring them to us.
- Don't be ashamed to say something hurt or that you sat down in the middle of the night and wept. Then got up again.
- The church bells call the faithful and frightened and all sorts of people to pray.
You can do it. Do it beautifully.