Writing update

I have been writing...just not on my books.  

When my laptop bit the dust I was too frustrated to get back on track with the stories but I felt I still needed to write something to keep up with my author spirit.
I gave Triond a try and have written an article or two.  It has been fun and a good change from novels or short stories.  And I have made at least $2! :)

I didn't realize how much I used my laptop.  Total portability in 9 lbs of technology.  I could sit on the couch and type away or take it to the library where I wasn't as distracted. Most nights found me cozy in bed with my laptop.  (And most nights my DH had HIS work laptop cozy in bed with him!)

After my laptop broke I tried working on my PC.  Guess what I found out?  I had backed up my most recent revisions on the laptop. 
I found two jump drives and found the stories!  But! They were on Microsoft Word which I had used on a trial basis and since the trial expired I couldn't edit or save or copy. DRAT!

So I sort of started over with my WWI piece and actually liked the beginning better than the other 50 I tried.  But I felt overwhelmed by trying to start over with a story that was almost finished.
Yesterday I was determined to get my WWI story off Word so I could submit it this week.  So I spent the afternoon upgrading and reading and upgrading. And FINALLY! I got the story! Hallelujah!
Today I am doing a few revisions (killing off a couple of characters) and I am going to email it off. I'm so excited.  And nervous. My goal for this month was to submit the WWI story by the end of the month and I am going to do it before the end of the week. Phew.

I am feeling the familiar excitement of being able to sit down and work my stories! All is right with the world again!
This blog may not get updated this week.....

Comments

Tristi Pinkston said…
Woohoo!! Submissions rock!

I'm also excited that it's a WWI piece. Most of the attention gets paid to WWII and I think WWI gets overlooked a lot.

Popular Posts